We love a good collaboration. A bit Yin mixed with a bit of Yang. Bonnie & Clyde, Thelma and Louise, and of course Bert and Ernie (my personal favourite - I still bring out the "doing the er-er pigeon" from time to time).
Todays' gin, Four Pillars Changing Seasons, mixes the Japanese botanicals with Australian natives, made by an English Distiller at a Japanese Distillery on behalf of an Australian Distillery (confused???). On face value they don's seem a match, ancient harsh Australian landscape meets the beautiful centuries old culture of Japan, being carefully balanced by a Pom???? But not so, Yuzu comes together beautifully with Desert Limes from Queenland, Western Australian Quandong and Sencha Green Tea just work, and many more great matches that come together in this Gin. Distilled at the Kyoto Distillery - which is an entire fascinating blog post in itself.
This gin is recommended with the Prosecco and soda (the fact this is another unexpected collaboration, should not be lost on you).
I personally suspect I am going to sip mine neat with a piece of honey dew melon to draw out the flavours.
Comments
Post a Comment